Sunday, August 5, 2007

An Ideal Husband

It's just been a crazy night/morning.. It's 4 am in the morning and here I am posting a post. What the hell am I rambling about? Well, today is just one of those days that must not go unsaid due to its sheer amount of crazy events... Not drunk by the way, just tipsy and in serious need of serious sleep, which I would do in a short while..

So, today started like a normal Saturday would. Miss breakfast, wake up just in time for lunch and so forth. Of course, during lunch I was dutily informed that I missed my kitchen duty, which was during Saturday morning and now I would have to pay a fine or make up for it. Damn.

At 1.40pm I got suited up and met up with the other guys at the foyer for footie practice. It's actually my first session considering I missed the last two because I overslept (what's new?). There really isn't much to say about the training, but if I don't become fit by the time this semester is over I would really really murder someone. Probably my footie coach, Ed, who is another story by himself.

So yeah.. Got back from practice at around 4, then I got ready for the JCH play, "An Ideal Husband" by the eminent Oscar Wilde. I was hugely impressed with the whole play, especially considering they only had 2 weeks to practice for this play. It was a full house today. Massive turnout. Although everyone did an excellent job with their characters the man who stood out is this cool dude called Damien, who played his character so well I actually imagined it as the real Damo (not very far off actually). The manner in which he portrayed Wilde's sardonic wit and sarcasm is just amazing. For such a small college without students in the drama field the play was an absolute success. Go JCH! Hehe.. Oo, kudos must also go to Jason Chin, who valiantly played the French maid, tight black leggings and white apron. Very interesting imagery right there. Too bad I couldn't bring my camera in..

Anyways, in all obviousness there was to be an after party to celebrate the success and conclusion of the play, so we headed off to Pugg's, a bar not too far off from JCH. The amount of alcohol drunk was just tremendous. In the first ten minutes of sitting down a girl already downed two huge glasses of Snake Bites (mixture of beer and cider saturated with raspberry essence). There's this awesome song where everyone would sing it and insert a person's name into one part, hereby obliging the person to basically down whatever he or she is holding! The term they use for 'downing the whole bottle' is a word that is kinda in between 'scald' and 'skull'.

Adam pretty much wasted



The games they played were so corny, but oh so effective when alcohol comes into the equation. Good ol Damo played a trick on Hannah(I think that's her name, and it's a different Hannah from previously mentioned) whereby if she said the word seventeen, she would have to buy him a drink and if she could withold the word, he would buy her two drinks. Basically it went like this,

"What's 2+2?"

"4?"

"Right you are. Okay, what's 4+4?"

"8"

"8+8?"

"16"

"16+14?"

"30"

"30+40?"

"...70?"

"Ahah, I got you!"

"But I thought you said seventeen!"

It was at that exact moment when everyone just burst into laughter! It was so funny.. at that time anyway.. To actually fall for that old trick.. Then again, alcohol does funny things.. :)


Rushith (greedy bugger) drinking a free Jim Beam's. It was free because some random came up to us, started being touchy feely, babbled about random nonsense, and gave us his just opened bottle of Jim Beam's as goodwill. Wow. Probably pissed in the bottle or something. o.0


Well, disappointingly the bar started closing at around 1 so we headed back home, albeit with frequent stops at eateries for food and restrooms. Not many of us were ready for sleep yet so we just ended up doing random stuff around the hall. Remember Ed? Well, he's back.

Somehow someone got this crazy idea of tying Ed to a column in the JCH front foyer, to which Ed so happily agreed to, in the name of fun. Thus, with duct tape and much mindless laughter, we got Ed nicely tied up like a Christmas tree. Not to be outdone, someone (I think it was Eamonn) then proposed pulling down Ed's pants, for all to see next morning when everyone comes down for breakfast. Of course, Ed being Ed, agreed wholeheartedly. This part is actually still alright, because what happens after that was just.. horrifically obscene.






























Well, we all know that boxers aren't exactly the tightest things in the world. So.. during the process of de-pantsing, his boxers decided to follow suit and gave way, which gave all of us a very disturbing image. So there Ed was standing there with a big grin in his face with his family jewels exposed for all the world to see! It was especially funny when we had to lift the boxers up for him again as he couldn't do it himself! Omg.. Will probably haunt me for the rest of my life..



We then proceeded to hang out in Ed's room, where I was taught really cool drinking games, like Bunny and some complex card game. And he has a set of chess with shot glasses. Awesome stuff. Me being Malaysian was quite obliged to teach them Indian poker, to which received numerous amounts of "Wow!" and "we're playing this Thursday". Not even sure whether it was invented by Malaysians though.. Probably India (no shit Daniel) While all this was going on, there were a couple on the bed, under the blanket doing all the frisky stuff in the world. To me at least, having this occuring at early Sunday morning is understandable, but in front of everyone? Haha.. Alcohol really does wonders.. For obvious reasons I can't name the amorous couple, but it really opened up my eyes to how Australians party..

Ed's personal collection of booze. Notice the absinthe at the right hand corner. Don't think it's enough though..Probably would be gone in 2 months..


So, basically that's it.. I really have to sleep now.. Remind me to refrain myself from posting during moments of insufficient sobriety.. A good night to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i guess it would be prudent to assume that your parents are unaware of the existence of this blog