Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Deliquescing of Memories

I've always had this fear that as the days go by I will lose hold of the memories I have of everyone, as if time is slowly shredding them into oblivion.

Isn't it sad? To slowly lose the only connection between recognition and acknowledgement. I truly fear the day the faces of my dearest friends start to blur and fade away.. I wonder, does anyone truly remember the way I look or is it just a vague silhouette that resembles me?

Close your eyes for a moment and try to recall the face of that once-thin-now-pudgy guy who has left Malaysia not too long ago.. Scary isn't it?

I believe that this poem embodies the trepidation I feel about the path that I am travelling on.



You ask me how we got from there to here,
And you tell me you can't remember,
And so I'll answer it for you,
Though perhaps not the way you want me to.

We got from here to there on the back of a unicorn racing through our dreams,
We got from here to there when night's silence thundered between us,
We got from here to there believing a song to be stronger than the worlds pulling us apart.

And we were right.

We stood in good relation to the earth,
We stood in good relation to the gods,
We stood in good relation to all that was beautiful,
You see, we were Alive

We got from there to here when we believed reality to be stronger than love,
We got from there to here when we forgot to look up and believe that gravity held no hold on our souls,
We got from there to here when we left our storybooks for some other distracting play,

And now I do not know my world,
And I cannot find my God,
And beauty dies,
Shut out in the cold.

And I believe we can get from here to there if we just believe,
And I believe we can get from here to there if you'll take my hand,
And I believe we can get from here to there - if only in our dreams,

And when you're dancing across the sky,
Somewhere between the stars and the moon,
Look for me by your side, I'll meet you with hands outstretched,
We'll go - from here to there, there to here, and back again.

No comments: